Eye exams are often early indicators of major health conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.1 And, of course, early detection can mean lower health care costs for everyone. But did you know that vision disorders account for a 20% decrease in employee performance annually?2
Vision Care Benefits
- Access to 50,000 providers and provider locations including independent optometrists and ophthalmologists as well as popular retail locations like LensCrafters®, Pearle Vision®, Sears OpticalSM, Target Optical® and JCPenney® Optical
- Prescription eyewear delivered quickly – in as little as one hour in some locations
- Among the longest customer service hours in the industry
- Rich benefits include a generous $130 standard frame allowance (that applies to just about every frame the provider has in stock3) or a $130 elective contact lens allowance
- Array of plans to choose from, including:
- Full service (exam and materials)
- Materials only
- Exam plus
- Choice of funding options:
- Full insured
- Administrative services only (ASO)4
- Voluntary (employee paid)4
- 20% off the balance when members select a frame greater than their plan allowance
- 15% to 40% off materials not covered by their plan (i.e. extra pairs of glasses, conventional contacts, lens treatments)
- And the savings program can be used for unlimited purchases – even after vision benefits are exhausted.
With UniCare’s Special Offers, members can receive discounts of 15% to 20% and free shipping on contact lens orders. But, glasses or contacts may not be the answer for everyone. That’s why we offer further savings with discounts on refractive surgery. Pay a discounted amount per eye for vision correction. To find the discounts that are available to you, log in to your UniCare account and select “Discounts.”
Looking for a provider? Use UniCare’s Online Provider Directory or members can call customer service using the number on the back of their ID card.
Our UniView Vision providers take care of all paperwork. Members just:
- Make an appointment with a network provider
- Present their ID card at the time of service
- Pay any applicable copayment and any balance for noncovered services
Contact your UniCare sales representative or broker to find out more about UniView Vision.
- All About Vision website Why Are Eye Exams Important? (May 2011)
- Vision Council website Vision Care: Focusing on the Workplace Benefit (Fall 2008)
- The “frame allowance” or discounts associated with this vision plan may not apply to some frames where the manufacturer has imposed a no discount policy on sales at retail and independent provider locations. Members may submit an out-of-network claim for reimbursement on such frames up to the scheduled amount indicated in the member’s benefit summary/certificate of coverage.
- May not be available in all states.
UniCare’s array of benefit offerings enable us to tailor a life and disability plan to meet your unique needs. We are proud to be a subsidiary of one of the nation’s largest health insurance companies, giving us the financial stability needed to compete in today’s marketplace
At UniCare, we offer Medicare Part D plans which can help you control costs as prescription drug costs continue to rise. The services you get go beyond the norm. You can access preventive care and prescription savings, as well as exercise programs that fit your lifestyle. And, you can always count on our customer care advocates for help. That's what they do best: Help make each step simple and easier for you.