Vision Care Benefits
- Access to 50,000 providers and provider locations including independent optometrists and ophthalmologists as well as popular retail locations like LensCrafters®, Pearle Vision®, Sears OpticalSM, Target Optical® and JCPenney® Optical
- Prescription eyewear delivered quickly – in as little as one hour in some locations
- Among the longest customer service hours in the industry
- Rich benefits include a generous $130 standard frame allowance (that applies to just about every frame the provider has in stock3) or a $130 elective contact lens allowance
- Array of plans to choose from, including:
- Full service (exam and materials)
- Materials only
- Exam plus
- Choice of funding options:
- Full insured
- Administrative services only (ASO)4
- Voluntary (employee paid)4
- 20% off the balance when members select a frame greater than their plan allowance
- 15% to 40% off materials not covered by their plan (i.e. extra pairs of glasses, conventional contacts, lens treatments)
- And the savings program can be used for unlimited purchases – even after vision benefits are exhausted.
With UniCare’s Special Offers, members can receive discounts of 15% to 20% and free shipping on contact lens orders. But, glasses or contacts may not be the answer for everyone. That’s why we offer further savings with discounts on refractive surgery. Pay a discounted amount per eye for vision correction. To find the discounts that are available to you, log in to your UniCare account and select “Discounts.”
Looking for a provider? Use UniCare’s Online Provider Directory or members can call customer service using the number on the back of their ID card.
Our UniView Vision providers take care of all paperwork. Members just:
- Make an appointment with a network provider
- Present their ID card at the time of service
- Pay any applicable copayment and any balance for noncovered services
Contact your UniCare sales representative or broker to find out more about UniView Vision.