What is an EAP?
Why Offer an EAP?
Increased demands at work and home can create added stress for employees, which has a significant impact on your company.
Based on our internal analysis:
- The typical medical spending for members with a behavioral health and medical condition who used UniCare EAP was $23 per member per month less than members who did not use EAP.
- Plus, when comparing an integrated UniCareEAP versus an external EAP, there’s a $9 per member per month savings in behavioral health costs.
By offering an EAP, you're not only helping your employees resolve personal concerns before they grow into major issues, you're investing in the future of your business. Our goal is to help you:
- Attract and keep top performers by offering a more valuable employee benefit plan
- Boost productivity in the workplace by giving employees an easy and confidential way to receive help with managing personal or work issues
- Strengthen your management team's ability to respond appropriately to workplace situations
- Likely see a lower use of sick time as employees take fewer "mental health" days
- Reduce costs and risk by offering employees and their household members free counseling sessions before they need to use their benefits through their group health plan
As one of the largest behavioral health benefits administrators in the United States, Anthem UniCare provides EAP resources for a wide variety of businesses across the private and public sector.
- Our services are designed to help employees balance the demands of daily work/life challenges, including legal and financial issues, health and wellness, home repair, pet care and more.
- They’re also intended to assist with poor job performance, provide crisis intervention to those who have experienced traumatic events, and offer consulting services to managers who are faced with employee issues.
- We aim to help you contain costs related to health care, litigation, workers’ compensation, disability claims, absenteeism and more.