- Access to 50,000 providers and provider locations including independent optometrists and ophthalmologists as well as popular retail locations like LensCrafters®, Pearle Vision®, Sears OpticalSM, Target Optical® and JCPenney® Optical
- Prescription eyewear delivered quickly – in as little as one hour in some locations
- Among the longest customer service hours in the industry
- Rich benefits include a generous $130 standard frame allowance (that applies to just about every frame the provider has in stock3) or a $130 elective contact lens allowance
- Array of plans to choose from, including:
- Full service (exam and materials)
- Materials only
- Exam plus
- Choice of funding options:
- Full insured
- Administrative services only (ASO)4
- Voluntary (employee paid)4
- 20% off the balance when members select a frame greater than their plan allowance
- 15% to 40% off materials not covered by their plan (i.e. extra pairs of glasses, conventional contacts, lens treatments)
- And the savings program can be used for unlimited purchases – even after vision benefits are exhausted.
- Make an appointment with a network provider
- Present their ID card at the time of service
- Pay any applicable copayment and any balance for noncovered services
2 Vision Council website: Vision Care: Focusing on the Workplace Benefit (Fall 2008) thevisioncouncil.org
3 The “frame allowance” or discounts associated with this vision plan may not apply to some frames where the manufacturer has imposed a no discount policy on sales at retail and independent provider locations. Members may submit an out-of-network claim for reimbursement on such frames up to the scheduled amount indicated in the member’s benefit summary/certificate of coverage.
4 May not be available in all states.