Help for Members Impacted by Wildfires in California
We are making temporary changes to dental plan benefits to provide relief for members who must leave their homes due to the effects of the current wildfire emergency:
|Shasta||September 27, 2021 – October 26, 2021|
For assistance during this emergency, please call us at 800-627-0004, weekdays between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. We can help with finding available dentists or other dental plan questions.
If you need healthcare right away
- You can receive emergency or urgent care from any dentist, even if they are not in your plan’s network. We will pay the claims as if they are in your plan’s network.
- If your dentist’s office or health care facility is closed because of the fires or if you are unable to travel there, call us at 800-627-0004. We can help you find another dentist.
If you need preapprovals or referrals
- You have more time to request them. There won’t be any late fees. Call 800-627-0004 if you need an extension.
If you need to file a claim
- You and your dentists have more time to file claims. Call us at 800-627-0004 if you need an extension.
If you need assistance in replacement of lost or damaged night guard, eyeglasses or contacts
- You may replace your lost or damaged durable medical equipment supplies (such as night guard, eyeglasses or contacts) by calling us at 800-627-0004. These requests are identified for special handling due to disaster and reason for replacement based on your policy limitations.
If you are unable to pay your health plan premium due to the emergency
- If you receive a bill directly from UniCare for your monthly insurance premium and you are experiencing financial difficulties as a result of the emergency, you have more time to pay your bill. Please call us at 800-627-0004 to discuss options.
These relaxed guidelines are in effect for members who reside in Shasta county in California and who must temporarily leave their home due to the wildfire emergency.
This time period for updated support and care may change based on the conditions. Please check back here for updates. If you need additional support, please call us at 800-627-0004.
The following notification statements are not affiliated with or applicable to stand-alone dental plans:
- Providing continuity of care for insured persons participating in a care management program;
- Specific provision for mental health care for displaced persons for mental health concerns resulting from the disaster; and
- Suspending prescription refill limitations and allow an impacted insured to refill his or her prescriptions at an out-of-network pharmacy, even if the prescription is not due for refill.
For additional support during the wildfires, check these links to state resources: